Why Choose Barguse for Riding Lessons?
“Coaching is our passion” – that’s no word of a lie. For us, we love to see the riders progress and achieve their goals, whatever that may be.
We understand that all rider’s have different reasons for wanting to ride. For some, it’s the sheer joy of just being on a horse and the social benefits of interacting with other like-minded people, for others, their aim is to eventually own a horse or compete. Whatever your motivation, we are here to help you on your journey and that is why, from your first call, you will speak to an actual person! We don’t have a fancy booking system, (we’d rather spend the money we save, on new equipment and the horses) and it also allows us to gain an insight into what you want from your sessions, your personality and whether there are any confidence or medical issues that we need to consider. It means we can tailor your sessions, provide suitable horses and lessons as your ability progresses and help ensure you progress at the correct speed. By talking to us on the phone, it also gives you the opportunity to discuss your session ahead of your arrival so if we need to adapt or change the horse or format, we can.
At Barguse we pride ourselves in catering for all standards of rider from the complete beginner to the private horse owner. We have a wide range of horses and ponies from 11.2hh to 16.2hh that are suitable for every size and ability of rider.
- We are BHS approved (FAQs)
- Council Inspected
- Fully insured
- We have an indoor school, outdoor arena and a jumping paddock.
- Our staff are fully qualified, knowledgeable and CRB checked and also first aid trained and friendly!
- We have a wide range of horses/ponies that are well trained and safe!
- We provide a safe, secure environment but try to promote a fun and relaxed atmosphere!
- We are so committed to maintaining high standards that we hold our Clubmark accreditation. www.clubmark.org.uk which requires us to continue developing our centre and ensuring we maintain standards.
Tempted? then check out our prices on the price list page.
We also welcome the private horse owner who wishes to improve their own horse or just have a helping hand before a competition.
We operate Monday to Saturday
To make a booking, please contact the office on 01208 831817.
We do not offer hacking/trekking. If you wish to go trekking please contact the numerous excellent centres that specialise in this.